The Office of Minnesota Management and Budget released a report on the effects of the State government shutdown this past summer. Some key provisions include:
* The break in government service lasted 20 days (July 1 – July 20) making it the longest and most expansive shutdown in the state’s history.
* 80% of state spending continued during the shutdown due to court order.
* Minnesota lost $49.7 million in unrecoverable revenues.
* Preparation costs for the shutdown were approximately $7.1 million with $3 million for recovery costs.
* Approximately $65 million in payroll went unpaid by Minnesota to 19,000 laid off state employees.